Full Complaints Procedure
Peace Legal Limited Solicitors
Procedure for Complaints Handling
We pride ourselves in providing a high-quality legal service to all our clients. When something goes wrong, we need you to tell us about it. This will help us to improve our standards.
We understand however that no one is perfect and that complaints will arise from time to time.
If you have an issue with the standard of service provided please notify your concern to Mr C M R Peace, the Director who oversees our complaints handling.
You can put the complaint in writing to Mr C M R Peace, Peace Legal Limited Solicitors, 6 Barnsley Road, Wombwell, Barnsley, S73 8DD
Speak to him over the telephone by calling 01226 341111
You can forward an email to Mr C M R Peace at email@example.com.
On all correspondence please quote the name of the person dealing with your case, the reference and a clear summary of the matters causing you concern.
What will happen next?
Within five working days of receiving your complaint regarding our service or bill we will: –
- Acknowledge receipt of your complaint.
- Request your file from the person dealing with your case.
- Request a full report from them together with their comments on the issues raised in your complaint.
- Mr Peace will then investigate your complaint, reviewing the file and speaking to the employee who acted for you.
- Within 14 days of sending you the acknowledgement letter we will invite you to a meeting, so we can discuss the matter with you face to face and hopefully resolve your complaint.
- Within 3 working days following the meeting Mr Peace will write to you to confirm what took place and any solutions he has agreed with you.
- If you do not want a meeting or it is not possible, Mr Peace will send you a detailed written reply to your complaint, including his suggestions for resolving the matter, within 21 days of sending you the acknowledgement letter.
- If we are not able to resolve your complaint to your satisfaction you have six months from our final decision to contact the Legal Ombudsman by email at firstname.lastname@example.org, by calling 0300 555 0333 or by writing to Legal Ombudsman, PO Box 6806, Wolverhampton, WV1 9WJ.
If we have to change any of the timescales above, we will let you know and explain why.