Online divorces are not all they are made out to be!
- The divorce petition online is not the only application you will need to make to dissolve your marriage. You still have to make a decree nisi application and a decree absolute application.
- Making an application online will not resolve any financial or children issues
- The court will still need to know that the spouse has received the divorce petition and in some cases a paper copy of the online application will still need to be served on the respondent
- The respondent does not have to respond online (causing delay)
- Using the online system does not guarantee a fast divorce