Price Transparency Rules
The Solicitors Regulatory Authority’ (SRA) Price Transparency Rules are set to come into effect in early December 2018. They provide a major change to how law firms must publicise their prices for certain services which they offer to clients and general consumers.
You will be provided with pricing information, to allow you to make the most informed decisions regarding which legal services provider you choose.
The aim is that by providing clear pricing details, any misunderstandings later in a transaction will be avoided as a result of transparent information being provided from the onset.
Services we offer
- Freehold sales
- Freehold purchases
- Leasehold sales
- Leasehold purchases
- Probate – uncontested cases where all assets are in the UK
- Motoring offences – summary only offences
We will publish the following information:
- Services that are included in the price
- Services which are not included in the price which you might reasonably expect to be included
- Details of the experience and qualifications of our employees who will provide the service to you.
- Typical timescales
- Key stages of the process
The details will be published in a prominent place on our website.
If your transaction becomes complex, we will advise you of any revised costs.